Honduras : We Will Keep Fighting Gangs Despite Trump Threat

Honduras will keep fighting the scourge of gangs whether or not the United States decides to cut off aid, the security minister said Thursday, a day after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened aid cuts.

Trump announced Wednesday that he is working on a plan to reduce U.S. aid to countries he accuses of doing nothing to stop MS-13 gang members from crossing into the United States illegally. Trump did not provide details on the plan but said it would “radically” change the way U.S. foreign aid is structured.

El Salvador said on Thursday that Central America suffered most as those deportations ramped up in the mid-1990s, giving way to gang-fueled extortion, drug trafficking, killings and the recruitment of children.

“We express our firm and total disagreement towards those who characterize all of our migrants as criminals,” Salvadoran President Salvador Sanchez Ceren said in a statement. “The great majority of Salvadorans on U.S. soil are workers and industrious.”

Source : Voanews


PT Bestprofit Futures – GLOBAL

N. Korea Escalates Threat to Pull Out of Summit with US

North KoreaA?ai??i??ai???s sudden threat to pull out of the upcoming summit with the U.S. raises new doubts of whether a denuclearization deal is possible.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un agreed to meet with U.S President Donald Trump in Singapore on June 12 to work out an agreement to end the NorthA?ai??i??ai???s nuclear program in exchange for security guarantees and an end to punishing international sanctions.

But on Wednesday North KoreaA?ai??i??ai???s Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Kwan released a statement through the state-run KCNA news agency that criticized A?ai??i??Ai??unbridled remarksA?ai??i??A? made specifically by the U.S. presidentA?ai??i??ai???s National Security Adviser John Bolton demanding that Pyongyang completely decommission its entire nuclear arsenal, along with its ballistic missile program and chemical weapons stockpile, before receiving any compensation or concessions.

He expressed A?ai??i??Ai??indignationA?ai??i??A? at the U.S uncompromising position and said North Korea might pull out of the Trump-Kim summit, unless the Trump administration acts with A?ai??i??Ai??sincerityA?ai??i??A? to improve relations through dialogue.

A?ai??i??Ai??If the United States is trying to drive us into a corner to force our unilateral nuclear abandonment, we will no longer be interested in such dialogue and cannot but reconsider our proceeding to the North Korea-U.S. summit,A?ai??i??A? the statement said.

The vice foreign minister also said it was A?ai??i??Ai??absolutely absurdA?ai??i??A? that Bolton would compare LibyaA?ai??i??ai???s experience dismantling its relatively rudimentary nuclear program as a model for dealing with the NorthA?ai??i??ai???s more advanced and expansive capabilities.

A?ai??i??ai???The vice ministerA?ai??i??ai???s remarks came shortly after the North abruptly canceled inter-Korean talks planned for Wednesday, citing ongoing joint military drills between South Korea and the U.S.

Source : VOA


PT Bestprofit Futures – GLOBAL

US-China Trade War Escalates After Trump Threat of More Tariffs

The trade war rhetoric between the United States and China escalated Friday with President Donald threatening tariffs on an additional $ 100 billion worth of Chinese goods and Beijing warning it will fight the United States “at any cost.”

Trump said Thursday he had instructed the U.S. trade representative to consider the additional tariffs after China issued a list of U.S. goods, including soybeans and small aircraft, worth $ 50 billion for possible tariff hikes. The United States had proposed tariffs on $ 50 billion worth of Chinese goods earlier this week.

The president’s latest threats notwithstanding, he has insisted the U.S. is not engaged in a trade dispute with the east Asian nation, and said Friday on Twitter his tariffs on aluminum imports already are benefiting the U.S. economy.

The White House said in a statement Friday the tariffs were announced against China because the country “continues to distort global markets and harm U.S. businesses and consumers with unfair trade practices.” The statement cited China’s “Made in China 2025” policy initiative, whose goal is “taking away domestic and international market share from foreigners.”

Source : VOA


PT Bestprofit Futures – GLOBAL

1 2 3 8